The staff and writers of WAY Nation have a diverse faith background. We are charismatics, presbyterians, baptists, reformed, anabaptists, and more. There are many things about which we disagree.
Our Statement of Faith is below if you wanted to know more about the doctrines we consider essential. Outside of these points, we allow conversation, disagreement, wrestling, and nonconformity.
If you’ve been a visitor to WAY Nation in the past, you may have noticed diversesome of our differing views and ideas. We hope to present many ideas you agree with, some that challenge you, and others that confuse you. Sometimes you may even find yourself angry because of an opinion or belief held by someone who loves Jesus.
We argue, quarrel, and squabble, about all kinds of things on a weekly basis, but we remain joyful friends, partners, and coworkers.
We think this is something the world needs: more communities and groups of people who can disagree about Republican or Democrat, war or pacifism, believer’s or baby baptism, immigration policies, women’s leadership in the Church, and the death penalty.
We seek to model unity without uniformity. “We don’t have to be twins to be brothers.”
The reason we can work together and partner together, even with so many differing opinions, is because of our love of Jesus and the hope that His life, death, and resurrection brings. We are unified in our mission to announce His Kingdom and in making disciples that follow Him faithfully.
We hold our non-essential views loosely in order to draw you, and ourselves, into more meaningful conversation and a transforming relationship with Jesus.
Despite these best intentions, from time to time you may find something that you think crosses a line. We’d ask that you first pray about it and seek God’s wisdom, and secondly let us know with the form below. We want to know what you think, and you may challenge us and lead us to a better understanding.
We hope and pray that we can challenge and encourage your faith as we explore the myriad of ways Jesus allows us to transform lives, communities, and the world.
WAY Nation Statement of Faith
- We believe in what is called “The Apostles’ Creed.”
- We believe there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe God, the Father, is involved in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings; His atoning death; bodily resurrection; ascension into heaven; perpetual intercession for His people; and personal, visible return to earth. We believe that He is one and the same as God. He was fully human and fully God.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower in ministry all who believe in Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide.
- We believe that all the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, and that they are infallible.
- We believe all people are by nature separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as his/her personal Lord and Savior, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all of his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe in the literal Second Coming of Christ as promised in John Chapter 14.
- We avoid any theological beliefs that go beyond the written Word and thereby divide the body of Christ.