It can be scary to raise children in a world of Harvey Weinsteins. But the good new is, all is not hopeless. We have the ability to change the world by raising our boys to be men of integrity. A friend of mine put a list together of “rules” for her son as he grows up, and we added a few to the list:
- Eat lunch with the new kid.
- Give credit. Take the blame. Say you’re sorry….there’s no shame.
- Be confident and humble at the same time.
- Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
- Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
- Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
- Be a man of integrity.
- You might be naturally hard headed like a rock. Be more like clay: malleable and flexible.
- Always have a habit of gratitude. It’s the best cure to entitlement.
- Show a woman the same respect you show your mother.
- Don’t think too much about what others think.
- Marry the girl you love to talk to.
What would you add to the list?Boys will be boys....unless we teach them to be men. #wayfm Click To Tweet
Latest posts by The Wally Show
- Chrissy Metz (Kate from This Is Us) Talks About Starring in the upcoming film, Breakthrough - January 15, 2019
- Making Peace with My Flaws - August 2, 2018
- What I Wish People Knew About Anxiety - April 2, 2018